There are many activities to choose from during your visit to Guanaja. Everyone has their favorites but we will name a few.
- Sport Fishing – One of Guanaja’s favorite pastimes, there is a type of fishing for everyone’s desires. The flats surrounding Guanaja offer some of the best bonefish, permit and tarpon fishing in the World. This barely known island is a secret amongst fly-fishing enthusiasts. You can literally fish right from the dock of the property or be guided to the breeding grounds of some of the most powerful fish the ocean has to offer. Whether you want to fish the ankle deep flats or go deep sea fishing for Wahoo, we can provide both options to you.
- Scuba Diving – Another one of Guanaja’s main attractions is the crystal clear waters surrounding this island. Scuba diving is what drives Guanaja’s future as people search for more off the beaten path places to explore. We can accommodate you whether you are first time snorkeling or a seasoned professional. There are amazing dive sites for all skill levels on Guanaja.
- Kiteboarding - Guanaja is quickly becoming one of the top destinations for catching the tradewinds in the kiteboarding world. You are able to launch directly from our beach and able to ride the wind across the Bay, over to the many little Islands that are in front of the property.
- Sailing – The rental of the Estate comes equipped with a Hobbie Cat for you to sail your dreams away. Our on site captain can provide you all tools you need to capture the winds.
- Hiking – Guanaja is the most mountainous island of what are known as the Bay Islands. The forested hills are covered in Pines and open fields. West Peak is the highest point of the Island and its peak stretches to over 1400 feet. The Island has a few main waterfalls, the biggest located on the North side of the Island. An easy one hour hike will allow you to cool off under the falls and in the surrounding pools.
- Island Tour – The Island has only one small road that connects the two towns of Mangrove Bight and Savannah Bight. So transportation is done by boat only. Our Captain can take you to see the local sights. The Island has many family run restaurants and bars spread conveniently apart. So enjoy your day out on the water while sipping cool cocktails and eating delicious local seafood.
- Nothing at all – Who says you have to consistently do something while you are on vacation? Enjoy a day or two relaxing on the beach or sitting on the decks in the teak lounge chairs overlooking the ocean, enjoying the famous Trade Winds as they cool you off. We can arrange for the Island masseuse to come to the property and give you a massage you will never forget.